Sunday, October 26, 2008

Day 1 of a cableless life...maybe a coincidence

Any idea what's fun?

I'd start with telling your cable company that they are being replaced by a better technology that's more convenient to you.

Then... they'll say something fun like:

No problem, we understand that you (my edit: accurately view us as dumb-pipe) have your own needs... we're happy to make the adjustment to your account.

An hour later, having agreed with my cable provider that I would keep their full service until next Saturday, because that's the point where I will be turning my cable box in, my "menu" option on the cable box (you know.... the same service I agreed to pay for until next week), will no longer work.

Roku.... what a weird coincidence.... On Day number 1 of me trying to become your biggest fan... you get a heck of an opportunity. Please don't screw it up like Time Warner.

No comments: