Friday, October 31, 2008

Dear Chrome.. it isn't you.... it's me

First off, I am a big fan of Google Chrome. It is, actually, the best browsing experience I have had.

But.... I am no longer using it.

Three reasons why:

1- No Mac client. In my personal life, I am a Mac user and bit of a fanboy. Not being able to run it at home wasn't the worst thing, but it would be a nice option to have.

2- No Google Toolbar- The irony of this is pretty thick. I use the Google Toolbar an incredible amount. From short cuts to easily finding a story I am looking for on a site, I may actually use the toolbar more than I use Google.

3- There are some pages I view every day, whether it's the media database I use at work (which, by the way, the Firefox extension that lets me run IE through the Firefox platform is amazingly convenient) or something a little less sophisticated. If web pages I view on a daily basis won't render, there's really no use in sticking with Chrome.

What about you? What's keeping you from using (or sticking with) Chrome?

No comments: