Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day 1 with a Roku

After a long wait (somehow, it never dawned on me that selecting 'ground' as my delivery option meant there was going to be a truck coming from California), my new Roku set top box arrived, and last night, I took it out for a test run.

Set up was unbelievably easy, and it was up and running within about 3 minutes of me getting home. Then it was on to doing exactly what I was doing prior to returning my cable box: watching random movies. Last night's selection was Groundhog Day, and I was unbelievably impressed with the picture quality.

Then I got to thinking, and realized I had some misconceptions about Netflix (or maybe that my perceptions were changing with the company).

I always thought Netflix was out to knock off Blockbuster. Well, they pretty much succeeded there. The question, I guess for me... Who's next? And I think Netflix is going after the entire DVD industry. Think about it for a second. If you could have any movie you want to see streamed to your TV, would you bother buying DVD's anymore?

No comments: