Thursday, April 17, 2008

Did a code-caddie just get it right?

Lots of folks are blogging about the fact that Comcast- the evil company that was throttling BitTorrent ... the cable company who's skipping the FCC Hearings .... and the same guys who set Dave Winer into a tizzy.... has actually done something.... dare I say it?.... proactive for customer service.

In case you missed it.... Comcast now has someone monitoring Twitter for customer service problems (the major irony here, of course, being that people without their internet connection are actually using their cell phones... you know.... the whole wireless thing that I think eventually kills off Comcast and friends.....to complain.)

While I don't necessarily share Nick O'Neil's absolute glee for a brighter future in customer service from ISP's... I think it may be time for me to tip my hat to the company, albeit with a somewhat skeptical viewpoint. After all.... the mainstream isn't using Twitter (yet).

Call it my jaded view of ISP's.... but I can't shake the feeling that this might be a PR move to attempt to get in/stay in the good graces of the tech scene and its reporters?

No comments: