Wednesday, January 9, 2008

AT&T Commits a No-No... Sprint in a good position

Two ISP related items today that have AT&T, and Sprint heading in different directions.

The first is this little nugget, suggesting that AT&T is thinking about dumping net neutrality. Rich Tehrani weighs in with a short, but to-the-point thought on this development.

Rich.... I couldn't have said it any more elegantly, so I am not going to try.

The second is that Sprint has now set a date to roll out Xohm, its Wimax network. Sprint... PLEASE make this happen. Seriously. This is a potentially game changing technology you're sitting on. (Here's a random little thought for you: If you were driving from NY to DC, which is about a 4 hour drive, how cool would it be to log your car's internet radio into Pandora to listen to music you'd actually want to listen to?). I can say, without a doubt, that I will certainly be an early adopter when Sprint rolls this out in the NYC area.

Anything I can do to get away from Time Warner Cable is a welcome move in my book.

So, what do you think? What makes you get on the Wimax bandwagon?

No comments: