Monday, January 14, 2008

A Techie Institution Turns 100

Over the weekend, I managed to actually sit down and watch a little football. During the game, an incredibly bizarre commercial ran (it's yet another commercial that makes me ask 'what marketing person should be relieved of their duties for letting this thing go through?').

That said: It's a commercial announcing that Converse has turned 100 years old. Upon thinking about it (and getting over the feeling that some marketing person is now sitting in the unemployment line), I started thinking about most of the techies I've work with over the years. After a few phone calls: the vote was unanimous:

Every techie I know has owned at least one pair of Chuck Taylors, and most of them admitted to owning multiple pairs. So Converse... despite the unnecessarily pseudo-artsy commercial (pasted below)... I say congratulations on making it to 100 years old.

No comments: