Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Advertising in a Mobile World

Last night at dinner with a bunch of friends who are very sharp when it comes to the web and marketing (as two different areas of expertise... not as in 'web marketers'), we got into a great discussion about the mobile wars, and the impact of them on the consumer. All around, everyone seemed to agree with me that there's a boatload of disruptive technology about to make its appearance on the market... but there was one thing I couldn't help but take away, and it came up when one of my friend in marketing began discussing advertising in the mobile world.

There are tons of players looking for ways to take advertising to the mobile level, including AOL, Google and Yahoo. However, there's one question we all had for my marketing friend:

Do you really want to be advertised to on your mobile device? Does anyone?

1 comment:

Tanya said...

No thank you ads on my phone. I already get solicitors calling my cell and it's the worst. Chris Rock even called me once and left a voicemail about how I should vote for Barack Obama. What is the DNC number again?